2 Aug 2011

...listening to Jake Bugg's 'Someone told me'

Just beautiful, a haunting folk song which reminds me a little of Tim Buckley.
Really putting me in the mood for End of the Road Festival. Just collected my tickets from the post office today, so can't wait.

My friends Natasha and Woody at End of the Road

It's always been my favourite festival as it's so intimate and luckily pretty much at the end of my road (definitely at the end of Sam's parents road). But this year they've really excelled themselves. If I curated an ATP festival, this would be it. My wish list for the line up has come true.
Sam Amidon, Joanna Newsom, Beirut, Wild Beasts, midlake...the illustrious list goes on.




Seeing Joanna in the stunning surroundings of Somerset house was incredible, but to be honest she even managed to make the reds bar of Butlins look good. I have butterflies thinking of her set against a backdrop of peacocks & parrots. I have my fingers crossed that Sam Amidon will do his falling dance and play Louis Collins and the two sisters.



And in return, this year I vow we will not break any saplings and leave the tent in good time to not miss any music...i promise...

No comments:

Post a Comment