8 Aug 2011

..being spoilt rotten with birthday treats

On my birthday morning, I woke up to a pile of owl-papered presents, peeping at me from my Sam.



After a breakfast of scrambled egg and smoked salmon on toast, I set to opening them with relish. Directed by Sam, I opened this first...


I had seen it on my friend Olivia at a skate jam and instantly fell in love, but never in a month of Sundays thought Sam would get it for me, as it's huge and spiky - all the reasons why I love it. Next I opened the other two little packages and found more treats fom Galibardy - a feather ring and matching bangle - to go some way to make up for my spoon bangle that has been alluding me (I'm sure the pixies will bring it back)- and it's gone some way indeed - thrilled with my boy.




And last but no means least, the ipulse.



I can't wait to try it out and let you know how I get on. I'm also trying some special creams which slow down hair regrowth, but not sure how much I can say about that as it's for the Daily Mirror, shhh. But if it's great I'll be shouting it from the rooftops.

Then it was fun and frolics at Lime Wood hotel.



I must say a huge big thank you to Kate and all the lovely staff at Lime Wood Hotel who looked after us and little Badger, all afternoon in their stunning Courtyard. They were so accommodating and nothing was too much trouble, which makes all the difference. I usually find that the more successful the place is the less intimidating the staff are...I guess it's not rocket science, nice staff=successful business.


I can't wait to check out it's baby sister hotel The Pig next weekend. My old school friend James Golding is head chef there and he's promised me a snoop around. I really love the foraging sentiment behind The Pig, so am looking forward to finding out more.

The swing in the grounds at Lime Wood Hotel

Wishing you all a happy Tuesday x

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a lovely birthday :) Never been to Lime wood but it looks lovely. We tried to go to The Pig the weekend it opened but discovered it was shut for a private party after driving 45 minutes to get there! d'oh! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks honey.
    So frustrating, it took us long enough to get to Lime Wood after getting stuck in traffic for half an hour only 1 mile away in Lyndhurst town centre. Being a local I should know better ;) x

    ReplyDelete