5 Aug 2011

...celebrating my birthday




So my birthday weekend starts now! So excited and being a twin only makes me twice as excited as I have two birthdays to celebrate.

I adore my twin sister, Carly. If we were in the film Twins, she would almost definitely have all the good bits from our egg.

When I'm swirling around , flitting about the place, my twin is the one that helps to ground me, dust me off and launch me off on my way again. She's simply priceless to me.



In return, I take all the stress out of planning our birthday for her. All she has to do is show up! Tonight we are going to our favourite thai restaurant, Salathai in Southbourne with my family and close friends.

Please keep your fingers and toes crossed for sunshine tomorrow... For our actual birthday, we are going to Lime Wood Hotel for a bbq, with more friends, Badger and puppy Roscoe. Then puppy Roscoe will experience his first camping trip in the New Forest. I'm hoping that he doesn't follow Badger's lead... on his first camping trip, Badger rolled in fox poo and tried to sleep on my head in our tiny two-man pop-up tent. That's one birthday present I can do without, pooey!

It will also be the virgin camping trip for our new tent - a 3-man pop up tent with Da-Dah: A second skin (inner-skin, double-skin?). After too many trips with a damp tent I finally put my foot down - enough is enough - and this will seem like a palace in comparison.

Im also pretty excited about my new outfit to wear on Saturday - a present from my Mama - a cobalt blue, lace dress from Topshop, reduced in the sale (a day early after haggling from my fiesty Mama) from £50 to £30, so I managed to get a pair of wedges too, which we also discovered were reduced from £60 to £30 at the till. The God of birthday luck was smiling down on me in Topshop, I can tell you.

I wish you all a wonderful weekend too with all your weekend festivities.
x


No comments:

Post a Comment