30 May 2011

...deciding that bank holidays rock!

...googling a burlesque dancer I had the pleasure of seeing at a retro revival party on Saturday night. Beau Rocks more than lives up to her name.

Copyright Tomasek photography

Her cheeky, flirty burlesque act, almost made me forget about my girl crush on Beatrix Von Bourbon


Copyright2010RoddPenn5

I fell in love with Beatrix after seeing her perform her winter act, absolutely stunning.

...eating Da Marios pizza. For a while now my friends, Sara & Harry have been raving about this lovely little authentic Italian place that makes the best italian pizza in a traditional oven. Now all of my friends have heard me bleat on and on about how noone makes pizzas like my Zia Amarosa in Benevento with her stone oven. She has so ruined me with her light, fluffy pizza dough that I had given up on eating pizzas in England, especially takeaways like dominoes.


Until now! I had a margarita & it was exactly like how my Zia makes it. I thought I'd gone to heaven. So did Sam, when he tucked into his marinara pizza.
So thanks to Sara & Harry, we are both advocates of Da Marios & I can eat pizzas again.

3 comments:

  1. Hi!....Ciao Lisa, l pick your Blog up from time to time, love the photos.
    You mentioned your Zia, so you must be Italian.
    That's great.
    I am 90% Siciliano and 10% Inglese :0.
    I know the area very well, but don't recognize the restaurant, above, though noted the Tele.No. B'mth/Poole.

    And...If you go for another Pizza....try the Sicilian. But, it must be the true/real Sicilian. I've yet to find one, as my Mama used to make, and as l do now....!

    williewine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh been past this place a million times but never even considered going in - might have to pay a visit. there is a good place in southbourne called 'the larderhouse' which has a wood fired oven and they do yummy pizzas too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you, Willie :) and yes I am half Italian with a little mad Italian mama. She makes the best pasta and her sisters make the best pizzas, which can make eating Italian food in restaurants a painful experience sometimes as I'm sure you understand...

    Hi Emma, I'm a fan of your blog & checked out the larderhouse after you mentioned it! I love it there; the cocktails and food are very yummy & as I live in Southbourne it's staggering distance (or a very cheap taxi in heels) from home, ideal.
    I was very impressed with the larderhouse pizzas & took my friends Sara & Harry there. I thought they were exaggerating when they said Da Marios pizzas are even better, but they were right. You do really need to try them, let me know what you think x

    ReplyDelete